Emergency Car Hire for
your Driving Test
Available Throughout Manchester & Surrounding Areas
- Dual Controlled, Insured, Automatic or Manual Cars
- With Fully Qualified DVSA Driving Instructor
Since 1987 We have provided over 4500 Emergency Car Hires
So, you have found an earlier driving test date in Manchester and now you are looking at this website that can provide you with a last-minute driving instructor.
The choice you have to make is between automatic and manual. Like with all things in life, there are advantages and disadvantages to both of these. We’ve listed a few of these below to enable you to make a wise decision.
Driving Test Car Hire Manchester – Advantages in Manual Car
1) Two Driving Licences: The biggest advantage of passing your driving test in a manual car is that you will get two driving licences for the price of one. Hire a manual car for your driving test and pass and you will be entitled to drive both automatic and manual vehicles.
2) Cheaper to Buy: Manual cars are a lot cheaper to purchase than automatic cars. On average, a manual vehicle cost approximately £1000 cheaper than an automatic vehicle. If you’re a low-budget, it makes sense to purchase and manual vehicle.
3) Less Fuel Used: Manual cars use less fuel than the automatic ones. On average, a manual vehicle will cost you 10% less in fuel the automatic vehicle.
Driving Test Car Hire Manchester – Disadvantages in Manual Car
1) There is a possibility that the manual car may either roll down a hill or even stall.
2) Driving a manual vehicle involves a lot more coordination than driving an automatic vehicle. You will have the additional work of changing up and down the gears.
Hire Car for Driving Test Manchester – Advantages in Automatic Car
1) It is far easier to pass your driving test in an automatic car as you do not have the hassle of changing up and down the gears. This will allow you more time to focus on the MSM routine.
2) If your driving test is in a hilly area, you may want to consider hiring an automatic vehicle for your driving test as it would be cold for the car to rollback or even stall.
Hire Car for Driving Test Manchester – Disadvantages in Automatic Car
1) Automatic cars are becoming highly popular. More and more learner drivers are now wanting to pass a driving test in an automatic vehicle. Driving instructors who teach in automatics are limited. Due to this reason, if you do require an automatic driving test car hire, you will usually need to give twice as much notice than for a manual car.
Driving Test Car Hire Services Available
- Extended Driving-Tests.
- ADI Driving Test Bredbury.
- Practical driving tests Manchester.
- Short notice driving test cancellations in Cheadle.
- Earlier Driving Test Dates Cheadle.
- Motorcycle riding tests Sale.
- Short notice car hire in West Didsbury .
- Emergency driving instructors .
- Quick Driving Test Rochdale.
- Last-minute driving instructor for driving test.
- Driving test car hire in Rochdale.
- Driving test car hire in Bolton.
- Driving Test Cancellations Bolton.
- Driving test car hire Manchester.
- Last-minute driving test Manchester.
- Last-minute driving instructor Sale.
- Short notice driving test Sale.
- Short notice driving instructor Hyde.
- Fast Track Driving Test West Didsbury.
- Emergency driving test car hire Hyde.
- Emergency driving test Hyde.
- Car hire for driving test Hyde.
- Driving test car Bolton.
- Dual control car for driving test Hyde.
- Learner driver car hire Hyde.
- Driving Test Instructor last Minute Sale.
- Car hire for learner driving test West Didsbury.
- Car hire for learner test Manchester.
- Car hire for extended test Manchester.
- Dual control car hire for learners Manchester.
- Learner car hire Manchester.
- Learner car hire for test Manchester.
The average waiting time for a driving test in Manchester is about eight weeks. However, this may be fine if you are just starting to drive but it unacceptable if you can already drive and just want to take a test. Maybe you are an international driver who has been driving for years. Maybe you have just failed your practical test on one or two silly mistakes. We at DTC can find you an early date at
Manchester – Bolton Driving Test Center AddressWeston Street
Manchester – Bredbury Driving Test Center AddressLingard Lane
Manchester – Bury Driving Test Center AddressSmith Street
Manchester – Chadderton Driving Test Center Address9 Broadgate
Broadway Business Park,
Manchester – Cheetham Hill Driving Test Center AddressAlderglen Road
Manchester – Hyde Driving Test Center Address23 Perrin Street
Preparation For The Driving Test Car Hire
Make sure you are organised to take your driving test at Manchester. Check your email confirmation to make make sure that you are aware of the test center address. You don’t want to turn up at Sale when your test is booked at Bolton.
Emergency Driving Test Car Hire
Many drivers especially from abroad are surprised that they need to supply a car for the driving test. In many countries, the driving test car is supplied by the examiners. However, in the UK, you are responsible for providing a car that meets the strict DVSA requirement. DTC can hire you a dual control car complete with a last-minute driving instructor.
What happens on the Day of the Driving Test
On the day of your driving test, you will meet your driving instructor at an agreed place. Make sure you know where it is. Check the address of the test centre and double-check the email confirmation letter from the DVSA.
The driving test itself will start with the examiner checking your provisional licence. No provisional driving licence means no test. The driving test examiner will ask you to confirm that our email address is correct and that you are happy to have your driving test result sent to your email address.
Overall, the driving test last approximately 40 to 45 minutes after this time will be spent on the independent driving section. During this section of the test, the examiner may ask you to follow directions given by a satnav. This will be a preprogrammed satnav and will be supplied by the examiner. You will not have to make any adjustments to it. Alternatively, the examiner may request that you follow directions to a certain destination. Many learner drivers worry about this section of the driving test. However, if you do miss the turning or even go in completely the wrong direction, you will still pass on this section. This is I you continue to drive safely.
The driving test will involve one reverse manoeuvre out of a possible four. The choice of reverse manoeuvre will belong to the examiner. There is the front bay park, the reverse bay park, parallel park and the stopping on the right side of the road. One out of every three test candidates will be required to carry out the emergency stop procedure.
The Driving Test Result and Afterwards
No one is a perfect driver. All make mistakes. The DVSA will allow you to make up to 15 minor faults and still pass your driving test. However, no serious or dangerous faults are allowed. The result of the driving test will be given to you immediately after the test.
If You Fail
If you were to fail your driving test, the driving examiner will give you a detailed explanation of your faults. However, most learner drivers who fail their driving test, are too upset to be able to absorb what is said by the examiner.
The examiner will send your report directly to the email address that you provided earlier. Most learner drivers are eager to reapply for the driving test ASAP. However, according to law, a person must leave 10 clear working days between tests. This should not prevent you from reporting your test. Unfortunately, the average waiting time for a driving test appointment within the Manchester area is approximately two months. DTC driving test cancellations can guarantee you an earlier driving test date within two weeks of you legally being entitled to take it.
If You Pass
If you pass your driving test and your address on your provisional driving licence is still correct, the driving examiner will be able to keep your provisional and automatically you will receive a full driving licence in the post. However, have a change of address or any other details, you will have to complete a D1 form and apply for your full driving licence yourself. To usually take 2 to 3 weeks. Once you have passed your test apply for your licence, you will be able to drive straight away even though you have not received your licence.
Hiring a car after your Driving Test
The driving examiner will still issue you with a DL 25, driving test report. This will have a list of your minor faults if you have made any. Between passing your driving test and receiving your licence, you may be able to hire a car from a car rental company provided you can show them a passport something with your name and address on it.
DTCUK is a trading mark of Driving Test UK Limited. We are a privately owned family company with Head Offices in Croydon, London. Founded by Shakti Gadday, helping learner drivers get on the road since 1987, registered with the DVSA under ADI number 120120. We’ve been booking driving tests for over 8 years and have helped over 35,000 learners pass their test quicker.
We can either automatic book you an earlier driving test or consult your instructor first, if needed. This will save you £100s in driving lessons.
- We will only contact you with reference to this booking
- We will never share your information.
- View Terms & conditions for car hire in Manchester
- Automatic and Manual Cars Available
- Car Hire Available at 48 Hours Notice
- We will only contact you with reference to this booking
- We will never share your information.